SOC110HM Saint Leo University Week 7 Racism PresentationCourse
Students will be responsible for presenting to the class at least one assigned reading during the semester (THE ASSIGNED READING CHOSEN FROM THE MODULE ATTACHED BELOW). This will be done through a PowerPoint presentation and a threaded discussion board. Students should evaluate the assigned reading based on the nine universal intellectual standards as outlined in The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking: Concepts and Tools (Paul & Elder, 2009) [available in the Start Here menu under Critical Thinking]: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
Class Presentation, continued
Below is a template for analyzing the reading (Paul & Elder, 2009:11):
1) The main purpose of the article/reading is ____________.
2) The key question the author is addressing is ____________.
3) The most important information in this article/reading is ____________.
4) The main inferences/conclusions in this article/reading are ____________.
5) The key concepts we need to understand in this article/reading are ____________.
6) The main assumption(s) underlying the author’s thinking is (are) ____________.
a. If we take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are ____________.
b. If we fail to take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are ____________.
7) The main point(s) of view presented in this article is (are) ____________.
Student presentations should encourage dialog among other students, and collaboration with peers on arriving at answers to these questions, emphasizing the core values of community and respect, learning how to appreciate diverse viewpoints both in and outside of the classroom community.
Do you need high-quality Custom Essay Writing Services?