Select an area of lifespan development you are interested in researching
- Select an area of lifespan development you are interested in researching:
- Language development.
- Cognitive development.
- Psychosocial development.
- Moral development.
- Select a stage of development you wish to focus on (young adulthood, middle adulthood, late adulthood).
- Select a topic to examine. Some examples include:
- The effects of autism on attachment in adult relationships.
- The role of peer groups in psychosocial development in middle adulthood.
- The effects of family addictions on identity stability in young adulthood.
- The effects of PTSD on cognitive development in middle adulthood.
- Family relationships and psychosocial development in late adulthood.
- Review the prominent theories associated with the area of development and choose at least one theory to investigate. Major relevant theories include Kohlberg’s or Gilligan’s theory of moral development, Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development, and so forth. Other theories of development may also be used. For example, you may want to use continuity theory (a theory within psychosocial theory) for a topic on late adulthood.
For this assessment, think of an organization you are familiar with and imagine yourself as a psychology professional on the staff.
Your employer expanded services to a new group of clientele prior to reviewing the latest research. After an initial rocky start, your supervisor has asked you to research the new clientele and write a report on the research that can be shared with the team designing the services.
Make your document easy to read by using the following subheadings to organize content:
Begin with a 1-page executive summary that briefly summarizes the issue, research findings, and the recommendations. Refer to the Resources for links to examples of executive summaries and resources for templates.
- Identify the type of organization, clientele, and stage of development.
- Identify the area of concern for the target group: language development, cognitive development, psychosocial development, or moral development.
- Explain the specific topic or issue researched.
- In 2 or 3 sentences, summarize the research findings.
- In 2 or 3 sentences, briefly summarize the implications for developing services for this target group.
- Explain why is research on this topic important in the field of human lifespan development.
Theory and Research
- What are the connections between the theory and the research?
Findings and Methods
- What do the research findings mean in the articles you read?
- What are some of the factors that influence research?
- What research methods were used in the articles you read?
Implications for Service Development
- How do the research findings influence professional behavior and values?
- How can the research guide social thinking?
- What are some research-based recommendations for serving the identified target group?
Example Assessment: You may use the assessment example, linked in the Assessment Example section of the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and is consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Resources: Minimum of three scholarly or professional resources. Please note that popular resources such as Wikipedia or About.com are not appropriate.
- Length: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages of content in addition to a title page and a references page.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?