Prepare an in-depth analysis of four case studies during the semester. Here are some guidelines:
· This is an individual assessment, which is a part from your course score. It requires effort and critical thinking
· Answer all the questions listed below for each case.
· The ‘answers’ to the questions are best formulated by reviewing the case and the reading materials up and including the current week in the course.
· The questions are worded to help you apply the readings to the case, so don’t limit yourself to the case’s terminology and perspective. The best analysis will abstract the case content by applying the reading materials to draw broader lessons about the material
Case Study 3 : Walmart
1) How IT and IS may be used to help the company operate and achieve its objectives. (1 Mark)
2) Discuss the challenges faced by the CIO – which are the most important and why? (1 Mark)
3) What role does information technology play in the business? How is it helping Walmart refine its business strategies? (1 Mark)
4) Summarize the main purposes of information systems in organizations (1 Mark)