Due: November 12th, 2021 at 2359
Focusing on two to three of the foundational concepts explored in NS2200, explore the nurse’s
roles and responsibilities in promoting optimal health and wellness for a particular age group who
live with episodic and chronic illness.
● Choose ONE of the scenarios below:
● Young children with Type 1 Diabetes
○ Susie was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 6 years old. Her family is getting
used to her new normal after being discharged from the hospital post diagnosis.
● Adult with Fractured Femur
○ Mike was working on his roof when he accidently fell off. He is in acute care being
treated for a fractured femur.
● Older adult with Dementia
○ Matilda was diagnosed with Depression 4 months ago. She and her family are adjusting
to her new medications and modifications to ADL’s.
This paper is not about the pathophysiology.
● Choose 2 to 3 foundational concepts that are going to be covered in NS2200 (see list below) to
explore the nursing roles and responsibilities in promoting health and wellness.
List of Concepts Covered in NS2200 To Choose From
● Sensory Perception
● Glucose Regulation
● Tissue Integrity
● Gas Exchange
● Please use the list of nurses’ roles and responsibilities below to explore the topic. Your choice
may fall into one of the following categories (there may be other categories, but these examples
may be helpful in getting started)
Categories of Nursing Roles and Responsibilities
○ Goal Setting
○ Interventions, both individual and collaborative
○ Advocacy positions
● You will then write about several examples within a category. For example, if you were
concerned about young adults with obesity, you may wish to talk about the role of the nurse in
promoting optimal nutrition through consults to an integrated multidisciplinary obesity
clinic, or promoting positive body image by teaching mindfulness exercises focused on
promoting positive self-talk. this example is not to be used; it is only to help with understanding
● This is how you should set up your paper:
○ In the above example, the age group was adults, the health concern was obesity, and the
two foundational concepts explored were nutrition and body image, and the category of
roles and responsibilities was interventions for both.
■ An example of exploring the roles and responsibilities in the category of advocacy
may be discussing how the seats in lecture halls are not suited to accommodate
large body sizes and result in diminished body image and self-concept due to not
being able to sit comfortably for class.
○ In your paper, you will want to provide several actions the nurse can take in promoting
health for each of the concepts you have chosen and provide some scholarly evidence
supporting the actions they are taking.
● This paper is not about the pathophysiology, but about the impact the pathophysiology has on a
person’s health. Where do you find what the impacts on someone’s health might be from a
certain pathophysiology? Use your textbooks, perform a literature search using the Library
resources, etc. Your Potter and Perry text and Med Surg is very good at providing this level of
discussion of episodic and chronic illness, it is a good place to start.
Do you need high-quality Custom Essay Writing Services?