This assignment will assess the following competencies: 1. Analyze effective marketing theories and principles,and5.Appraise the effectiveness of various marketing strategies.
Directions: After reading Unique Customer Experiences at Jordan’s Furniture, and based on your readings from our textbook, write a minimum of 400 words essay in which you address the following questions:
- In your introduction give a history of the company (who started the company, when, and how). When was the company sold and to whom was it sold? Did the original family stay involved with the company after the sale?
- In the body of your report talk about what makes Jordan’s Furniture unique when compared with other furniture stores. What types of unique promotions have they offered their customers?
- Customers have expectations of the businesses that they patronize. What expectations would someone entering a Jordan’s Furniture store for the first time likely have?
- What expectations would a loyal, repeat customer of Jordan’s Furniture likely have?
- Sometimes companies approach customer relationship management differently for new customers than they do for loyal, repeat customers. Does Jordan’s approach to customer relationship management differentiate between new customers and loyal customers? Explain your answer.
- In the conclusion of your paper summarize what you have learned and offer any recommendations you might have for Jordan’s Furniture to keep them ahead of their competition. Should they expand into new markets? Is there other themes they could use in their stores?
The paper must be researched using a minimum of three scholarly or professional marketing resources, as well as the textbook. The references must be cited and properly placed on the reference page using APA formatting. Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox LP4.2 Assignment: Jordan’s Furniture. This assignment is worth 50 points. Grading will be based on the General Writing Rubric, located under “Course Information.” (The General Writing Rubric is designed for 100-point assignments. Your instructor will adjust the points for this assignment accordingly.)