DNP- Translational Research And Evidence-Based Practice
Benchmark – Drafting a Literature Review
In this assignment, you will draft the body of a literature review. You will continue to add and revise this draft literature review (Chapter 2 of your DPI Project) as you progress through the program. You may be able to use the feedback and suggestions from your instructor (on the Introduction to the Literature Review assignment in Topic 4) to expand the literature review for this assignment.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Use the “Empirical Research Checklist” worksheet to ensure that each article you select meets all of the established criteria.
· Use the “Research Article Chart” to provide a summary review of each component of your assignment.
· Submit the completed Research Article Chart to your instructor.
· Refer to the most recent prospectus template found in the DC Network (dc.gcu.edu) for details and criteria for the Literature Review (Chapter 2).
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Part 1: Selection of 15 Articles
PICOT QUESTION: What are the Impacts of Medication Administration Errors on 3-4-Year-old Leukemia Patients
Please give your suggested PICOT with regards to the PICOT Question
Select 15 empirical articles related to your PICOT question. Use the “Empirical Research Checklist” worksheet to ensure that each article you select meets all of the established criteria. At least one article must demonstrate a quantitative methodology.
Part 2: Research Article Chart
Using the articles acquired in Part 1, provide a summary review of each component using the “Research Article Chart” template.
Part 3: Literature Review
Prepare a Literature Review (Chapter 2) of 2,000-3,000 words for your scholarly project.
Utilizing the major concepts identified in the Topic 4 assignment, further develop each major concept and subtheme by locating 15 more empirical articles related to your project topic (30 articles total: 15 from Topic 4 assignment and 15 from Topic 6 assignment).
Use the “Research Article Chart” as a guide to analyze and synthesize (summarize) the literature into the paper you began in the Topic 4 assignment.
Based upon your review of the 15 additional research articles, expand on your summary of each major concept and your synthesis of the three identified subthemes that support each concept. At the end of each major concept, include a summary statement.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
Chapter 2 in Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice.
Wenstock, M. (2013). The art and science of evidence-based care. H&HN: Hospitals and Health Networks, 87(3), 60.
Brody, H., & Miller, F. G. (2013). The research-clinical practice distinction, learning health systems, and relationships. The Hastings Center Report, 43(5), 41-47.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?