The first step in the research and writing process is to select the topic you wish to address in your Capstone Paper. In the Military Studies program, there are five primary areas you may choose from. These areas are:
- Humanitarian Efforts
- Military Leadership
For this discussion, you will create a possible research topic for each of these five areas. Next, you will discuss which topic you intend to utilize for your Capstone Paper and your reasons behind this decision. Additionally, you must respond to the choices of two classmates and critique their selections. Some points you may want to address, as well as consider in assessing your own topic, are:
- What are some of the difficulties that may be faced in researching this topic?
- How can these difficulties be addressed?
- Is there a manageable corpus of literature regarding the topic?
- How will this topic relate to your professional/educational objectives?
- Why is this topic interesting to you?
Your initial post is due by Day 3 and must be at least 250 words in length. Please note that your research thesis is not required for this assignment. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
During Week Two, you will write your thesis statement and it will be approved during Week Three.