In this assignment, you will use the information and feedback you
have gathered in the course to develop an advocacy and community
practice proposal; specifically, use the readings presented in the
courseroom, the knowledge gained from the previous assignments, and the
standards for technology and social work practice outlined by NASW and
ASWB. You will present this proposal to an agency, community,
organization, individual, or group for their support.
proposal, you will develop a community-based initiative to bring
awareness to, or educate about, the presence of a local social or
economic injustice through the use of a social media tool. You will
describe a plan that could be used to sustain or maintain a local
community initiative. You will discuss how you will create the social
media presence, present a plan to maintain the social media tool, and
ensure its alignment to the technology standards. For example, the
social media tool may be the use of Facebook, Skype, Twitter, or a blog.
It is appropriate to reference the technology standards in your
For this assignment:
a community-based initiative to eliminate or reduce the presence of a
local social or economic injustice through the use of a social media
- Explain how you will apply a social media tool to develop a
local initiative. The social media tool may be the use of Facebook,
Skype, Twitter, a blog, or others.
- Describe the social or economic injustice you desire to eliminate or reduce in the local community.
a social media presence, including a plan to sustain or maintain the
social media tool, and ensure its alignment to the technology standards.
- Explain the rationale for using a social media tool to create an initiative to address an injustice and why it is important.
- What population will the initiative serve?
- How is the initiative different than others in the community?
the social media tool used to promote the initiative and how you will
promote community well-being through the use of the technology
- Discuss why this tool was chosen and its benefits for your initiative.
- Discuss how you will create access to the social media.
- Discuss how you will maintain and sustain the social media presence to promote the initiative.
and integrate theories of human behavior and the social environment in
advanced generalist practice with individuals, families, groups,
organizations, and communities to the area of social or economic
injustice you have identified.
- Describe how to apply
professional use of self and leadership skills through the use of the
technology standards to address and advance social and economic justice
- Describe how you will promote community well-being through the ethical and effective use of the technology standards.
the rationale for using a social media tool to respond to evolving
leadership, technological, political, economic, social cultural,
geographical, and environmental contexts and why it is important.
how the collaborative involvement of the agency, community,
organization, group, or individual you are presenting to will promote
the success of the proposed initiative that advocates for appropriate
services, resources and supports to achieve goals and foster positive
- Articulate and provide leadership in the application of
the core values and ethical standards of the social work profession
through an ethical problem-solving model to aid in critical thinking and
ethical decision making related to individuals, families,
organizations, and communities to guide and inform ethical advanced
generalist social work practice while conducting advocacy to the issue
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited
should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: Minimum of six double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide
feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for
helpful writing information.