For this week’s assignment, you are going to choose a children’s
book that you are familiar with and have used either in your classroom
or with children outside of the classroom. Then:
- Describe how you have incorporated this book into your classroom.
the book and suggest at least two different activities you can do with
the book to extend children’s learning and encourage engagement.
- Incorporate at least one multicultural component
- In about two paragraphs, answer the following:
- Why is it important to foster a healthy relationship with literacy at a young age?
- How can you use literacy to promote pro-social behaviors, like empathy?
- In your opinion, are multicultural components necessary to incorproate? Why or why not?