- Political Science homework help
The Capstone Paper is the culmination of the Military Studies Program. Through it the student should demonstrate mastery of the learning outcomes of the Military Studies major by conducting historical research using primary and secondary sources and by creating a paper that requires a comprehensive critical analysis of an approved topic in one of the following the areas:
- Humanitarian Efforts
- Military Leadership
In your paper, you should:
- Present an application of the methodologies and approaches characteristic of a range of liberal arts disciplines (e.g., anthropology, history, literature, political science, philosophy, and international relations) in a military context.
- Analyze issues concerning the role of the military within its chronological and geographical context.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct effective research by creating a final summative research project.
- Assess the moral and ethical concerns raised through the study of the relationship of the military to society.
- Analyze the importance of the military as an instrument for the preservation of peace as well as the waging of war.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the character traits necessary for becoming a responsible, moral leader.
The paper must be written following the weekly procedures outlined in this course. Topics will be discussed and must be approved by the instructor.
The paper must be at least 12 pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least six scholarly resources, at least three of which can be found in the Ashford University Library, to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be at least 12 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Posted: 4 days ago
- Due: 11/02/2019
- Budget: $30