HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICES
In this assignment, you will condense information from Assignment 2 to create a PowerPoint presentation.
Faculty Note: If there is a hardship for any student in being able to secure a microphone to complete this assignment, allow the student to use the Notes section of PowerPoint to write a narrative of what he or she would say if actually presenting.
Create a seven to nine (7–9) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
1. Provide a title slide (as indicated in the format requirements below), followed by a slide with an executive summary containing a brief statement of your proposal, as covered within Assignment 2.
2. Summarize your response to each of the criteria in Assignment 2—one (1) slide per criterion, for a total of six (6) slides.
3. Provide a summary slide that addresses your key points from Assignment 2.
4. Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3–4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Examine the impact technologies have on health care information systems.
· Describe the basic components of a strategic information system plan.
· Describe the major types and classifications of health care information standards and the specific organizations that develop and regulate these standards.
· Discuss the need for, and identify methods of, accomplishing the security of information systems.
· Evaluate the impact of strategic information system plans on organizational competitiveness and performance.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
· Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.